• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need Help-Evo Speakerphone and one other issue

eefflrat

Lurker
Jun 10, 2010
OK, I have two issues that for some reason just popped up out of nowhere.
First, whenever I make or receive a call the speaker on message appears and my phone calls all are on speaker. I can't seem to fix that, I looked in settings but can't figure out what happened and how to fix.
Secondly, for some reason when I am in a program and hit the "home" icon my Evo no longer opens the home menu and allows me to go to other programs on my home screen. I am forced to hit the back arrow on the phone which is annoying. So if I am browsing like 10 web pages I have to go back to the first page to the first page I opened of the internet , then it allows me to press the "home" icon. very inconvenient...
Please tell me what I did wrong, i don't recall hitting any buttons to change these settings.

First, whenever I make or receive a call the speaker on message appears and my phone calls all are on speaker. I can't seem to fix that, I looked in settings but can't figure out what happened and how to fix.
Secondly, for some reason when I am in a program and hit the "home" icon my Evo no longer opens the home menu and allows me to go to other programs on my home screen. I am forced to hit the back arrow on the phone which is annoying. So if I am browsing like 10 web pages I have to go back to the first page to the first page I opened of the internet , then it allows me to press the "home" icon. very inconvenient...
Please tell me what I did wrong, i don't recall hitting any buttons to change these settings.

Weird... try pulling the battery to see if that helps...

Upvote 0

Open Voicemail App - menu - settings - "Select Speakerphone Off." If this doesn't work are you using any bluetooth devices with your phone? Last, I would try uninstalling apps from the last one you downloaded and work your way backwords. An app could have caused this problem.

Secondly, I think you are a little lost about the functions on your EVO. Holding down the "home capacitive" button for 2 seconds or so will bring up your task manager. Pressing the button will only send you to the homescreen.

I use the back button to exit apps anyway so I'm not leaving apps running in the background. But if you are trying to switch between apps, you need to hold down the "home capacitive button" in order to switch to a different app. If the app won't let you do that then use the back button. Open up the app, then hold down the home capacitive button and open up the other app.

Then again, an app could have caused this problem if you can't use your home button to get to your homescreen.

Upvote 0
Any resolution to the speakerphone issue? Mine does this, too. At the same time, mine has decided that the media volume slider controls only the speaker on the back phone when adjusted. My headphones (bluetooth and wired) are both at max regardless of slider position. I can turn the bluetooth headset down using it's keys, but it no longer adjusts the media slider. Mine also likes to launch in car dock even after a factory reset. I've pulled the battery and done factory resets from the SD menu and using the volume down key.

Any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones