1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need Help Finding App For Password Protection

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Ancient Attero, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Ancient Attero

I just got a Samsung Stratosphere about a month ago and I have looked to these forums for help with the best applications on the market. You guys have helped a lot, so maybe someone can try to help me with this specific problem.

So what I

Advertisement

2. SydL

SydL Newbie

You should try AL II or App Locker II, what it does is portray a Force Close message when someone tries to open the app, there are a number of ways to unlock the app ranging from password to specific taps to accelerometer based methods. I've been using it for a long time and it's very stable, and the part I love the most is that no one suspects it's password protected and that it's just a broken app :D. There's a free version as well as paid and here's a version (paid) that doesn't even show up in your app drawer, and can be accessible by dialing #999 from your dialer.

https://market.android.com/details?id=net.xdevelop.protector2&hl=en

Believe me, it's worth every penny. :D And I've never had battery problems with it.

Just search for App Locker in the Market for different versions. Hope that helps!

3. Ancient Attero

I really apphreciate your post. I tried App Lock 2 and it isnt what im looking for. I dont want a app that tricks the user into thinking that there is something wrong with the application. The unlock method is a bit silly too, repeated tapping or shaking the phone is the responce a frustrated person would do if they see this error.

And the password lock does not work at the "error screen".

4. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert

Ok, have you tried "App Lock"? I use this and it works great. I'm not sure if its a battery hog. I only turn it on when I need it. (When I let my kids play a game or two.) It has a widget on/off switch.

5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Seal is a nice app. Its paid on the Market, but you can get if free legally from GetJar.