• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

need help finding speaker dock

omnius

Android Enthusiast
Mar 24, 2011
Canada
I notice that there are loads of these for iPhones but I can't seem to find any speaker docks for androids. There are some but they simply use the headphone jack. I need one that will provide power to the phone so that it doesn't drain the phone battery, similar to the docks that are available for iphones. Any recommendations?

The problem with docks and Android phones is that there are so many different kinds in all shapes and sizes, and each one may have a different placement of the USB/charging slot; whereas with Iphones, its the same area and essentially the same form size year after year

Have you heard of the JAMBOX by Jawbone? It's a pretty sweet Bluetooth speaker that produces great sound. You can continue charging your Android phone/tablet while you play all of your audio wire-free via Bluetooth. You can check out a demo at Apple and Best Buy sotres.
Jawbone JAMBOX Wireless Speaker | Hi-Fi, Stereo, Speakerphone & more

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones