1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need help flashing back to a stock ROM..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Synthesthesia, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Synthesthesia

Synthesthesia Lurker

I downloaded what I thought was a stock rom for my phone, but TWRP won't install it (It just says failed) I've looked high and low and can't find another stock ROM for my phone. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

I should mention the phone has NO OS on at the minute, but I can access the bootloader/fastboot without any problems. I have stock recovery on at the minute because I was trying to use a RUU but it failed during the install process with a 130 error.

I need it unrooted/ back to stock because I'm selling it on after I recently upgraded to the Nexus 6 so a custom rom really isn't an option. Thanks for any help.

My phone is the International Version of the HTC One M8, I bought it from amazon brand new unlocked.

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

What RUU did you use?

3. Synthesthesia

Synthesthesia Lurker

http://www.livingandroid.info/restore-htc-one-stock-4-4-4/

The latest RUU for the developer/unlock edition 4.16.1540.8

Edit: I'm gonna try the other RUU that's listed there, the older one and see how I get on with that.

I tried the one I have again and it gives me " ERROR 130 MODEL ID ERROR" and tells me to get the correct ROM Update Utility, I've got no idea which one is the "correct" one.

#3 Synthesthesia, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  4. Synthesthesia

Synthesthesia Lurker

OK I've found a different method and that seems to be working (Hope I'm not cursing it!!). Some guy posted a EU M8 back to 100% stock guide on XDA with a RUU.zip and using the htc_fastboot.exe to flash it across. It seems to be working, I'm so relieved.

Edit: New problem, the file apparently flashed no problems and said "Flash Zip Complete".

My phone is stuck on the HTC logo with a green bar under it?

Nevermind, a quick fastboot reboot sorted it out and it's booting up now I hope...

#4 Synthesthesia, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  5. Synthesthesia

Synthesthesia Lurker

6. dautley

dautley Android Expert

Glad you got everything sorted out. I think most RUU's need to be installed via hboot, not recovery's such as TWRP

Synthesthesia likes this.
  7. Synthesthesia

Synthesthesia Lurker

Yeah thanks. I didn't try and use the RUU with TWRP, just the stock rom I found which didn't work at all! All is sorted now though after using the RUU on the phone with htc_fastboot to flash the ruu.zip over.

100% stock, unrooted and relocked in the box to sell :).

8. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Congrats and well done. :)

Synthesthesia likes this.

HTC One M8 Forum

The HTC One M8 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews