• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help flashing BB .9, Nandroid status error

writhum

Nov 10, 2009
Central NY
Hi all,
I've recently decided to switch over from sholes/droidmod to bugless beast (ESE53).

Here's what I've done:
-Updated nandroid to .99.3b
-Created a nandroid backup
-Downloaded the bugless beast update.zip folder (using Google Chrome)
-Extracted it into a folder called bb9 using 7zip
-Wiped data, cache
-Perform advance restore
-I navigate to the bb9 folder within the /sdcard/nandroid folder
^When I click restore, I get the error: Nandroid exited with status 25

After looking this up, it's a problem that occurs when the image folder is nested too far into the nandroid folder. However, I can seem to see why mine is running this error-- I have the bb folder in the /sdcard/nandroid/ folder. Inside the bb folder are two folders and one file: META-INF(folder), System(folder), and boot.img.

Can anyone help me figure out the problem? It seems as if i've nested things properly, why would I still get this error?

Thanks in advance!

edit: I've tried doing this 3 times, with 3 different folder names, nothing has worked

This makes sense to me--but I'm coming from a non-2.1 rom and he suggests doing the nandroid backup method.

Here are his instructions
-Update & backup any files you wish to restore, this will wipe /data
-Extract the files from the archive using WinRAR or a similar program
-Place the extracted folder (the ROM) into the "nandroid" folder on your sdcard
-Reboot into recovery mode (hold the power and "x" button at the same time)
-Wipe data/factory reset (do this twice!)
-Wipe cache partition (do this twice!)
-Backup/Restore
-Advanced Nandroid Restore
-Choose backup (select the ROM)
-Perform Restore
-Enjoy!

When he says extract the files is he not referring to the update.zip?

Upvote 0
I would suggest doing a nandroid backup to v 0.8 since it has been thoroughly tested and is very stable (remember to use titanium backup from the market to backup all your apps...after you flash tbe rom go back into the market to get titanium backup and reload your apps...use the batch operation which restores missing apps). After you've done this, you can always update.zip to v0.9 if you so choose.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones