• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root need help flashing kernal....

...with my (gasp) macbook pro..... i dont have access to a pc, and would love to find out how to flash my moment on a mac.. i tried the bootcamp route, but both times it messed my hard drive up.. any help would be greatly appreciated...

I don't know a thing about Mac's do you have a friend that will update your phone for you with a PC? If you can get one of the SDX recoveries on the phone, you'll be able to do most of the cool stuff without the need of a PC again. You only need access to the PC for like 5-10 minutes. You'll just want them to download the updater, convert it to the old, and add the recover to it. Flash the recovery and delete and uninstall the program from the PC, and say thank you. Just a thought.

Upvote 0
is there any mac version of the update utility?

Nope - nor is there a Linux version, despite this being a Linux phone. With Ubuntu 10.04, I tried VirtualBox. I was able to mount the phone via USB when the phone was turned fully on, but it is unrecognized when it is in download mode, so I was unable to even use that to run the update utility. I had to do the update at work on my work computer, because there was no way I was going to beg my wife to let me use her computer. I've spent far too long acting smugly superior regarding my operating system choice to just hand her an easy counter-argument.

Reactions: derebigg
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones