• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help flashing kernel

Device: Micromax Funbook Infinity P275 Tablet / Stock ICS 4.0.4 / Stock Kernel / Rooted / Gonna get CWMR like right now.

I want to know what the prerequisites for flashing a kernel are. I want to flash a custom kernel on it since I have been told that my device because of the stock kernel. One more thing I want to know is whether kernels have universal compatibility unlike ROMs. Can I flash any kernel on my device?

It would be great if someone could suggest me a kernel suitable for my device. Is there any thing else I should know about?

I would really appreciate some help! :)

Device: Stock ICS 4.0.4 / Stock Kernel / Rooted / Gonna get CWMR like right now.

Welcome to Android Forums.

There are individual forums here for each phone that is supported and each has a subforum "All Things Root" where root-related issues for that device are discussed.

The best approach is to post your question there.

As was pointed out, if you identify your device someone could move your question.

... Thom

Reactions: alphacruiser
Upvote 0
First off, what device do you?

Second, kernels are definitely not universal, flash the wrong one and you can definitely get in trouble. Since we have no idea what phone you have any recommendation is a moot point. Best bet is to cruise over to XDA, find the sub form for your device and read what people like and don't like.

Thanks a lot for replying!

Micromax Funbook Infinity P275 Tablet. Its a tablet by Micromax India. Little known device. No custom ROM's available / no device specific kernel available.

I am still willing to change the kernel as I have lag / cpu usage spikes issues (even after removal of bloatware).

Can you still possibly help me in some way?

Thanks! :)

Upvote 0
Welcome to Android Forums.

There are individual forums here for each phone that is supported and each has a subforum "All Things Root" where root-related issues for that device are discussed.

The best approach is to post your question there.

As was pointed out, if you identify your device someone could move your question.

... Thom

You guys at AF seem to be a nice welcoming community. Thank you for that! Also, I just mentioned my device in my previous post.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones