1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Need help freeing up space

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kumachan98, Dec 29, 2013.

1. kumachan98

kumachan98 Lurker
    None

Dec 29, 2013
    Hi guys,
    I have a galaxy tab 2, and the space on my internal card is full. I was able to copy about 300mb of files over to my external sd card.
    The problem is, all my installed apps are in a Android folder, and I was wondering if its ok to move that folder over to the external card. All of the file names in the Android folder begins with "com."
    Is it ok to move this folder to the external drive?

Another thing is, when I connect the tablet to my laptop, select all the files on my internal hard drive, the total space used is about 1.5gb. But when I use the tablet and check the storage settings, it says:
    Total space - 4.49gb
    Applications - 3.89
    (I moved the photos over to the external card)

Why am I not seeing all the space usage when I select all files from my laptop.

Do you know how I can get the majority of these apps moved to the external card?

Thank,
    Your newbie ;-)

Advertisement

2. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Male
    Arborist (tree man)
    Miami, FL
    The files you aren't seeing on pc are "hidden". On the view settings on your pc you can choose to see hidden files and folders.

I don't think moving your apps data folders is a good idea, your tab won't know where to look for them.

3. DoctorCAD

DoctorCAD Member
    None

Aug 29, 2012
    If you have the latest Android update(4.2.2), move to SD card is now included in manage apps.