1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

NEED HELP galaxy s5 saying not registered on network

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Android Question

I have a galaxy s5 that I an trying to use with the walmart family mobile plan. When I place the SIM in the phone and turn it on the phone says "no service" on the top but has the signal bars full. When trying to make a call I receive a message saying "not registered on network" and the call is ended. I have updated my APN settings to my providers specifications but still dose not work. Can someone help me resolve this issue thank you in advance

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Where did the S5 come from in the first place? Have you checked that it is compatible with the carrier?

3. rob860

rob860 Lurker

Yes the phone came from a friend who was running t mobile on it and the service I'm trying to run is powered by t mobile. If it wasn't compatible wouldn't it not even reconize the SIM? It don't tell me to unlock the phone or that the SIM is invalid it just says no service and when trying to place a call it says not registered on network

4. rob860

rob860 Lurker

5. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

Sounds like the Sim has not been activated. When you check in settings-about phone, can you find you phone number listed and service active?

6. rob860

rob860 Lurker

Yes the phone number is there but the service says unknown

7. rob860

rob860 Lurker

The SIM came out of my old phone

8. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

What is the model of your old phone?

9. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

Also if you replace sim in old phone does everything work,voice and data's?

10. rob860

rob860 Lurker

Yes everything works fine I have it in a LG Leon LTE

11. You may have to call the carrier and give them the IMEI # to get it activated.