1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Need help getting contacts/calendar from *disconnected* blackberry curve to droid

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by j_sum, Feb 21, 2011.

1. j_sum

j_sum Lurker
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    I've read several posts and my problem is my blackberry has already been disconnected so I can't download the app to sync with gmail. I did try to connect to my wi-fi at home without any luck for the app or bluetooth sync.

I do have a backup file on my computer but the only solution I've found for that is Amber...don't want to have to pay to do this if I can help it. To make matters worse I have no outlook or other program with my contacts on my computer- all on my BB and saved to backup only....

Advertisement

2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    Welcome. A simple solution would be to re-connect your BB, sync it then disconnect it and re-connect your Android.

j_sum likes this.
  3. companionlink

companionlink Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 9, 2010
    j_sum,

I have a solution for you. It is a bit of a work-around, but it's not too tricky.

The first thing you'll need to do is ensure that you have BlackBerry Desktop Manager installed on your computer. If not, go and download it here.

Next, you'll want to download CompanionLink Express. This retails for $70, but comes with a 2-week free trial, so you'll be able to get your contacts moved over before deciding if you'd like to buy it for future use. CompanionLink Express will allow you to sync your BlackBerry to Google via USB. To do this, simply follow the directions found here. Note: be sure to take note of whether you have BlackBerry Desktop Manager v5 or v6, as the direction are different. If you have v5, follow the link on the instruction page as directed.

Once you get to step 7, you'll want to be sure to select "Google" as your Contact Manager. Then, in step 8, click the "Google Settings" button. First, enter your Google account info (its free to sign up if you don't already have one), then choose the "Applications" tab and select to sync your data from Blackberry to Google. Next, follow the rest of the directions (and watch the video if you like) and you're BlackBerry contacts and calendars will be synced with Google. From there, you'll be able to setup that Google account on the Droid (if you haven't already). Once you've done all this, your BlackBerry contacts and calendars should be showing up on the Droid!

Hopefully this helps! Let me know if you have any additional questions.

- David Z

j_sum likes this.
  4. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

5. j_sum

j_sum Lurker
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    Thanks so much, I was able to get all 800+ of my contacts onto my droid in less than 15 min by visiting a Sprint store- they have a device that will connect to both the old and new device (regardless of prior carrier) and transfer all your contacts, and media...it didn't work for calendar for some reason. I will try CompanionLink for that- great to know you don't need a SW database and can use Google!

6. companionlink

companionlink Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 9, 2010
    Glad to hear you were able to get all your contacts transferred! Let me know how it goes with the calendars. I should note that you'll want to be sure to opt to sync just the calendars when using the above method.

- David Z