1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Need help getting Pictures back

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kuhl73, Feb 16, 2011.

1. kuhl73

kuhl73 Lurker

I have a HTC Incrediable.. I took it into Verizon to get it worked on due to some faulty issues.. THe store tech took the SD card out and said that all my pictures were on the SD card. When he got all the updates installed and turned my phone back on all my Pictures, Appts, and Calander dates were gone (delted).

Is there anyway to get my pictures and Appts back.

Can anyone help my.

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

Your appointments might of been synced to google(they will automatically fill back in if they were), but you are probably SOL for the pics (there are some deleted file recovery programs out there).
    Just shows how poorly trained verizon wireless technicians are, not knowing pictures can be stored on the internal storage.

3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Not sure what they "updated" but the pics, if they were in fact on the card, would be located at /sdcard/DCIM/100MEDIA

If they are not there, they were either never there and the tech was wrong, or they were actually on the internal storage at location /emmc/DCIM/100MEDIA. This can be verified either by hooking up via USB cable in disk drive mode and inspecting files or by using a file manager. Certain file managers may not allow access to anything but SD contents. Linda File Manager is a good option to view internal contents without root.

If you have no pics at either location, you're looking at 5 hail Marry's and some recovery software like sdrawkcab mentioned.

kuhl73 likes this.