1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support need help getting psn

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by p1ayrTh3 Ru13, Dec 26, 2010.

1. p1ayrTh3 Ru13

p1ayrTh3 Ru13 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Artist, Musician, student, scrapper
    Boulevard of Broken Dreams
    I need help using my lg axis to tether to my ps3 (and psp and xbox if possible) I've searched,but no tutorials show a winxp method.I know I need a ethernet cable (can it be switched with a wi router?), my phonw w/unlimited data,and my computer. I don't kno what app I need but I think I know how to set up the connection,But not 100% on xp. So help would be good.

Advertisement

2. mrnumi

mrnumi Member

Dec 19, 2010
    electrician
    Pasadena, MD
    Can't help with the setup as I've never tried any of them, but if you do a search for 'tether' on the market you'll get a couple of apps there. Everyone seems to like Barnacle but I know you have to be rooted for that one. I know PDAnet will work without root access, and I'm pretty sure there's another one that works without root but I can't remember the name of it at the moment.

3. myfishbear

myfishbear Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2010
    cardiac ultrasonographer
    NJ
    get barnacle, wireless router,(or a comp with either a wireless card or just connect usb), and 3 rj45 cables... windows is not needed, try ubuntu if this is a low end comp dedicated for this or try dd-wrt firmware on your router.

4. Afteraffekt

Afteraffekt Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Computer Electronics Engineer
    South Carolina
  5. p1ayrTh3 Ru13

Aug 23, 2010
    @thebearfish-ok I barely understood what u said.
    and I found it out from YouTube. Plus,just saying, none of the "wifi" apps availible for android (other than phone/brand specific hotspots apps) aren't true wifi. They are ad-hoc meaning pretty much only wireless tethering for PC's. But yea I found it out.

6. p1ayrTh3 Ru13

Aug 23, 2010
    Alright, I am still stuck. I read online how to connect directly from ps3 to pc, but I need help trying to open up the ethernet port so I can use the connection port. I'm stuck and need any help plz

Tags: