• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help getting Sprint LS-855 to go Boost

DeMajrea

Mar 20, 2014
:thinking: Hi, my name is Ian
Just over 20 days ago I purchase an LG LS-855 through an eBay auction. It was very inexpensive and in really good shape, so I got it. Before I made the first bid, I called Boost customer support to be sure that I would be able to use a Sprint LS-855. I was told that I could, but I would have to go into a local store for the MEID to be transferred and other software shifts to make it usable. Under this belief I got the phone. I have a Boost account and for an extra $5 a month I could get the data plan

This is still a normal, non-rooted phone. Running the Sprint "Now" network config - if you look I give the full phone info on versions and build. I'm not sure how to do much with this new tech (smartphones), not how to root or flash, told rooting can cause heating issues.

I have seen posting on rooting and loading ROMs, but not sure of why? What do you gain? What do you risk?

Upvote 0
Just a heads up man. It's best to stick with one thread when asking for help instead of posting multiple threads. The thread you started asking about whether or not the Marquee can be converted over to Boost is a good place to stay and ask questions. After all........ all these other threads you've started aren't gonna do you a bit of good unless you can get the phone working on Boost. True?

Hope you get it working. I know the Evo and S3 can be converted. Sprint even had a version of the Marquee at 1 time. There is a way to convert it to Boost and I wish you the best.

One more thing...... It's been a good while since I was REALLY active in this section but I remember one or 2 of the guys who had converted theirs over to Boost.

Added.............. I just searched the internet for about 10 minutes or so trying to find an easy answer for you. There is none. I know what you are asking can be done, I wish I knew what to tell you. I just don't know exactly what's needed for the Marquee to be switched over. It can be done though. That I know.

I wish you luck...

Upvote 0
If you need to move it together I can see why - same basic subject. I was figuring that the first thread was asking more about flashing and possible rooting, where as the second was asking if swapping the SW package/ROM - (not sure the true title) is possible. Spent 36 min of my lunch break today with a lev 1 customer support rep that I knew couldn't help me, but she fought from transferring me to lev 2 tech support - that I asked to do with the first 60 sec of my call, the floor manger even stepped in and did not transfer me either. I wanted to know if I converted the SW from ZVC to ZC3 if Boost could work with the phone or if that would still be stopped by the MEID which is listed with Sprint. The hardware I have in hand is the same for both the Sprint and Boost. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THE SW!!! Software,,,

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones