1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need help, great opportunity for me.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tennis, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Tennis

Tennis Well-Known Member

Well I contacted the retentions department at AT&T and the lady I spoke to was extremly nice. Basically, the deal is:

- I get $20 for the next three months
    - I get to keep my Captivate
    - I get to choose any AT&T phone except the iPhone come May 9
    - The Atrix will be available to me for $150 in May

Questions:

1. What should I do with my Captivate? I have to use it till May, but should I sell it then? How much would I be able to get? I don't really want to give it to my mom because it has so many problems.

2. How does the Atrix compare to the Captivate? I really want an exact, extensive breakdown.

3. When May comes, will there be a better phone to get than the Atrix?

Advertisement

rubiconjp likes this.
  2. George0211

George0211 Android Enthusiast

May I ask what you told them, that they offered this? I'm not due for an upgrade for another year.

3. Tennis

Tennis Well-Known Member

4. George0211

George0211 Android Enthusiast

5. Tennis

Tennis Well-Known Member

Gps
    Lag
    Shutdowns

6. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert

same reasons i gave them, got me the $30 family unltd text free for 6 months plus extra roll over mins, something else i cant remember right now and upgrades for all phones on my account, just need to decide on what phones...

7. Tennis

Tennis Well-Known Member

Questions:

1. What should I do with my Captivate? I have to use it till May, but should I sell it then? How much would I be able to get? I don't really want to give it to my mom because it has so many problems.

2. How does the Atrix compare to the Captivate? I really want an exact, extensive breakdown.

3. When May comes, will there be a better phone to get than the Atrix?

:thinking:

8. 2manyPHONES

average price on ebay is like $250 right now so it will prob drop in price by may.

why do you have to wait until may? i just spoke with the wonderful customer retentions and was told to pick phones now (including inspire and atrix) for all my lines except the iphone no discount on that.

i cant comment on this but try looking the in atrix forum. I found a nice review in the inspire forum comparing the inspire v atrix and then inspire v captivate

this is anyones guess. there will always be a bigger better phone coming out but if it will be there by may...dunno, maybe june or july etc.

9. Tennis

Tennis Well-Known Member

I have to be on the contract for 6 months. Any ideas what's coming out in June and July?

10. 2manyPHONES

i was just using those months as examples i really have no idea what could possibly come out but chances are something will come out.

one of my lines isnt within that 6 months but he had to call someone to get something removed to do it.