• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root NEED HELP! Have Unrevoked 3 and Froyo.

Jcooper131

Apr 22, 2010
I have Unrevoked 3 and 2 weeks ago I installed the updated Froyo and I am having a lot of trouble, (phone sometimes wont let me answer and Handcent freezes and I have to force close). I want to reinstall Froyo and see if that helps. Anyone have any suggestions or can point me to a good updated version of Froyo for rooted phones. I used Titanium Backup last time to back up my apps.

Thanks for your help!

I have Unrevoked 3 and 2 weeks ago I installed the updated Froyo and I am having a lot of trouble, (phone sometimes wont let me answer and Handcent freezes and I have to force close). I want to reinstall Froyo and see if that helps. Anyone have any suggestions or can point me to a good updated version of Froyo for rooted phones. I used Titanium Backup last time to back up my apps.

Thanks for your help!

I think the solution for you is to do a wipe, reflash the 2.2 rom, and be very selective what you restore. For me, I found out that soemthing in my backup was F_king up 2.2. I ended up reinstalling and reconfiguring everything from scratch.

Upvote 0

Thanks for your help!

By updated Froyo, do you mean the latest OTA?If so do hard reset and go from there.

Upvote 0
I think the solution for you is to do a wipe, reflash the 2.2 rom, and be very selective what you restore. For me, I found out that soemthing in my backup was F_king up 2.2. I ended up reinstalling and reconfiguring everything from scratch.

Can you tell me where I can find a step by step instructions for this. I am sort of a newbie when it comes to root.

Upvote 0
Can you tell me where I can find a step by step instructions for this. I am sort of a newbie when it comes to root.

To do a factory reset:
Settings > SD & phone storage > Factory data reset

This will delete all user data but will retain the OS. So if you're on a rooted 2.2, you will stay at a rooted 2.2.

You can reflash the ROM at this point, or just start rebuilding your homescreens, apps, and settings.

See also this thread for details on how to make sure you rebuild 2.2 cleanly:
http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-support-troubleshooting/141369-how-fix-froyo.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones