• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need Help- How to create Update zp file for my apps???

amolmendhe

Oct 25, 2012
Hello friends,

I frequently keep on changing my ROM's and after flashing a new ROM the most hectic job is to reinstall all my Apps into it again... So can anyone tell me the procedure to how to create a zip file of all my apps so that i can directly flash it after flashing the custom ROM, this will save most of the time... Please help... I think Shahbaz, Gautam Sir or Srikant can help me here... :)

Hello friends,

I frequently keep on changing my ROM's and after flashing a new ROM the most hectic job is to reinstall all my Apps into it again... So can anyone tell me the procedure to how to create a zip file of all my apps so that i can directly flash it after flashing the custom ROM, this will save most of the time... Please help... I think Shahbaz, Gautam Sir or Srikant can help me here... :)

Buddy it depends if u have the sd ext then i think u have to install the apps one by one but if u dont have the sd ext then u can directly copy the apk to /data/apps folder and give permissions thats it. And if you want to make an update zip then you need take any ROMs Zip and delete everything from the system folder keep it empty and put the apks in a new folder thats /data/app folder in the root of the zip and flash it in recovery

The folders which should be present in the zip are
/data/app
/META-INF
/system(Optional but has to be empty)

Note: If you are using FX File Explorer(this one FX File Explorer) to copy the apks to data/app folder then u dont have to set the permissions as it sets the permissions by itself only and also for many things no reboot is required and this is the best file explorer i have used so if u want try it out.

Upvote 0
Buddy it depends if u have the sd ext then i think u have to install the apps one by one but if u dont have the sd ext then u can directly copy the apk to /data/apps folder and give permissions thats it. And if you want to make an update zip then you need take any ROMs Zip and delete everything from the system folder keep it empty and put the apks in a new folder thats /data/app folder in the root of the zip and flash it in recovery

The folders which should be present in the zip are
/data/app
/META-INF
/system(Optional but has to be empty)

Note: If you are using FX File Explorer(this one FX File Explorer) to copy the apks to data/app folder then u dont have to set the permissions as it sets the permissions by itself only and also for many things no reboot is required and this is the best file explorer i have used so if u want try it out.

Thanks for the info bro, but 1 thing that is confusing me that what do u mean by sd ext, u mean to say that i have to partition my SD card. I have already partitioned my SD card and use Link2sd to link all apps to sd card. Now can i copy the apps directly to /data/app folder??? Please clarify....

Upvote 0
I think, this was posted on the forum long long time before by PlayFullGod... But thats like long long time ago !!!!
For the data problems while changing roms,you always create a backup via recovery....

And while restore, select remember to restore just data and sd-ext from advanced recovery !

for the shahabazas's way ,
personally i dont think that would be a awesome way to do the same ...
Some ROM developers may have modified to do some things in phone (may be append or just add few lines to a file in the script for restore, you may just remove anything in the System direcotry but these changes are in the script hence you may have to study the code, in short ROM Zip may be not be a awesome thing .... Instead just take a backup and then advanced restore....This way you will you will restore

Data,
Sd-EXT,
And .android_secure from the backup you take before the New ROm is flashed !

Upvote 0
I think, this was posted on the forum long long time before by PlayFullGod... But thats like long long time ago !!!!
For the data problems while changing roms,you always create a backup via recovery....

And while restore, select remember to restore just data and sd-ext from advanced recovery !

for the shahabazas's way ,
personally i dont think that would be a awesome way to do the same ...
Some ROM developers may have modified to do some things in phone (may be append or just add few lines to a file in the script for restore, you may just remove anything in the System direcotry but these changes are in the script hence you may have to study the code, in short ROM Zip may be not be a awesome thing .... Instead just take a backup and then advanced restore....This way you will you will restore

Data,
Sd-EXT,
And .android_secure from the backup you take before the New ROm is flashed !

I have 1 doubt.. After flashing a new rom, do i need to reboot and configure the Link2sd app... or can i directly goto recovery after flashing a rom and restore Data and Sd-Ext... Coz when i did the fillowing procedure like Flashing Rom then From Advanced Recovery Recovered Data and Sd-Ext and reboot, but my fone is just showing the logo, not going further after that... i have tried this same procedure for 3-4 times, but still no sucess....

After that i tried another procedure also.... Like Flashing the ROM, Reboot, Configure Link2sd, then again went to recovery, then advanced recovery, then Recovered Data and Sd-ext.... Then reboot... but after that the same problem is happening... After the Boot Logo, nothing is happening... Even i have kept the fone for 10 mins..then also.... What to do??? Please help Ninad...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones