• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root NEED HELP: How to go from CM7 BACK to UKB 2.1

neotrixy

Jan 13, 2011
I was loving my CM7 that I installed, but there has been too many issues, too many bugs, too many FCs. Apparently no one else is having this problem...

So if I am indeed alone with all the issues, is there a way to start from scratch again? If so, how?

If not/or can someone please tell me how or point me to a guide to go from CM7 BACK to UKB 2.1?

My phone's BT isn't working, USB isn't working, my mic isn't working, and now it's continuously booting in safe mode and staying in safe mode.

But hey, Netflix is still working! So, my phone is broke, but I have a portable netflix player.

I NEED A PHONE! Please help me as soon as possible, I'm leaving out of town tonight and need this fixed before then.

THANK YOU FOR ALL AND ANY HELP!

What is driving me crazy is that for some reason my microphone is not working at all!

I tried wiping all the data and reinstalling the latest CM7 release, and no difference.

What's weird is that it was working fine this morning, but just all of a sudden, it crapped out.

Thank you very much. I was actually reading that thread but wasn't 100% and what they were saying. For instance, it was never clarified what "other rom." I read you will easily brick your phone if you flash a 2.2 over a 2.3 rom, or if you use the wrong CWM, etc.

At the end of the guide it says that if you want to ROOT your phone, "So odin a recovery and remedy that situation quickly!!!"

I've been away from the scene for a long time, what is meant by a "recovery?" Is that a CWM? And which CWM do i need to have if that is true?

I appreciate everything any developer does for the community, but some of these guides can be frustrating since most of the authors assume you know all the vocabulary and programs already.

THANK YOU AGAIN.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones