1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Need help in disabling galaxy s4 security password plz

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jackgs4, Jun 1, 2013.

1. jackgs4

jackgs4 New Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Male
    I recently set up the security password on my Galaxy s4, every time i lock screen it asks me to enter password. I kinda get tired of entering it now. So i tried to disable or remove the password by going back to the lock screen. But i cant find the disable option in the lock screen. Anyone knows how to remove the password? Plz help thank you!
    -I do have my current password.

Problem resolved!

Advertisement

2. zebug

zebug Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Petroleum Engineer
    Houston, Texas
    Just to be sure, when you say lock screen do you mean the one through settings> my device> lock screen? That is where you should be looking

EarlyMon and Rxpert83 like this.
  3. jackgs4

jackgs4 New Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Male
    yes that was what i meant. I solved the problem now. Anyway I really appreciate your time and effort for help! Thank you!

Rxpert83 likes this.
  4. suedziedzic

suedziedzic New Member

Sep 8, 2010
    When I go into settings to disable the screen lock, "none" is grayed out and not an option. Now what??? Please help me - I don't want to have a password anymore! It's driving me crazy! Well, maybe I'm exaggerating just a tad.....

Thanks!

5. 2ndHalfCor

2ndHalfCor Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Idaho
    Do you, by chance, have a work email like exchange set up on your phone? If so, you might have a policy active that doesn't allow removing the password lock. You may need to delete the exchange account, remove the password lock and then re-add the account.

6. suedziedzic

suedziedzic New Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Why, yes, I do have an exchange work email account. Thank you very much for pointing that out!

7. teguh3426

teguh3426 New Member

Oct 2, 2013
    I already removed the exchange mail but however the "none" button still shows in grey. Whats the next step?

8. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

If your business set this up, you may need to ask them how to remove the policy enforced by their security standards.