1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Need help in regards to storage space being taken up really fast

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Jase Da Ace, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Jase Da Ace

Jase Da Ace Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    I own a samsung galaxy tab s 16gb tablet, I have installed a few games which seem to be taking up more than dobule the space they should be. for example i installed order and chaos online which was supposebly 1.7gb, however when i view the disk usage it says that there is an obb which takes up an additional 1.7gb when there is already the apk which is taking up 1.7gb, what can i do to save space?? I also have a 32gb microsd card which i have nothing on seeing as majority of games cannot run off it

Advertisement

2. Hugspecced

Hugspecced Newbie
    None

Jan 3, 2015
    Male
    Samsung Tech Support Rep
    Colorado
    Some games take up more space than just the apk. This is generally indicated when, after the game is downloaded, you see a notification indicating the game is "Downloading Additional Files" or the game goes through a patching screen when you load it up. These files are necessary for the game so there's not really a way to save space there.

I would recommend making sure all your media such as music and pictures are stored to your SD card and not your internal storage. If you do a lot of web browsing and downloading on the tablet there are some programs that can help you save space by clearing caches, temporary files, and downloaded files. I use CCleaner by Piriform for this.

Another option to save some space would be to root the tablet and remove the pre-installed applications you don't use.