1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Need help, Infinite Boot Loop (have logs)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kropbj, May 20, 2010.

1. kropbj

kropbj Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Steinbach, Manitoba. CAN
    My EVE seems to does this every couple days and then I have to wipe everything of the phone using "Fastboot -w". But I'd like to figure out why this is happening so I'm starting to log stuff using logcat through adb.

Here is what I think may be the issue but you tell me. I'm totally new to trying to debug this thing.

This is a series of Errors that occur when the android loop screen locks up and restarts the boot loop.

E/AndroidRuntime( 6118): java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot broadcast before boot completed
    E/AndroidRuntime( 6118): at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.broad castIntent(ActivityManagerService.java:10389)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 6118): at android.app.ApplicationContext.sendStickyBroadcast (ApplicationContext.java:930)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 6118): at com.android.server.ConnectivityService.sendConnect edBroadcast(ConnectivityService.java:483)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 6118): at com.android.server.ConnectivityService.handleConne ct(ConnectivityService.java:568)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 6118): at com.android.server.ConnectivityService.access$500( ConnectivityService.java:48)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 6118): at com.android.server.ConnectivityService$MyHandler.h andleMessage(ConnectivityService.java:714)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 6118): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99 )
    E/AndroidRuntime( 6118): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 6118): at com.android.server.ConnectivityService$Connectivit yThread.run(ConnectivityService.java:91)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 6118): Crash logging skipped, no checkin service
    E/installd( 1067): eof
    E/installd( 1067): failed to read size
    E/appproc ( 6155): Can't open data/nv/command
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Advertisement

2. kropbj

kropbj Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Steinbach, Manitoba. CAN
    I haven't really tryied that many other roms. I did try the new Rogers beta rom (V10G_00.kdz) but I think it still did it.

Here is one of two logs that I recorded at boot time. They look pretty much the same.

log.txt

Thanks for all your help.

Attached Files:

3. kropbj

kropbj Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Steinbach, Manitoba. CAN
    Note in this next log the lgesystemd error at the end is another area where the android loop starts over.

Log1.txt

Tags: