1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support need help/info

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by XploitZ, Jul 6, 2011.

1. XploitZ

XploitZ Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 6, 2011
    im new to android and i just recently purchased an i9003
    first of all i find it good but battery really drains fast
    i installed avr antivirus and changed my launcher to go launcher ex
    (i did not root it)

my problem is this....

i installed kies in my PC but it seems to me it cant connect to my device. PC kies always states connecting, been like that for many minutes already.
    i used the stock launcher to connect to kies, used home switcher to do it
    what could be wrong? any help pls?

as for infos

i bought it and in box it says 4 GB. but actually the device only has 2 GB
    i went to samsung shop and they said it was really only 2 GB

secondly

i checked GSMarena for phone details
    it says there it has gorilla glass display / bluetooth 3.0 , etc...
    are all of those true?

its sad samsung website isnt really specific with their specs and the mobiles they sell doesnt really have detailed manuals :(

i look forward to any reply
    many thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. shahrulnizam30

None

Jun 29, 2011
    Battery issue> Do a full recharge for 3 days.
    Pls check your packet data either active or not (on top of screen should only got 4 line bar and time display. If you see any other such as 3, G, E, or H then your packet data is active> close it)
    Make sure no wifi or bluetooth active. Without this connecting i can get almost 2 days without rechare (of course without playing games and browsing too ...:)

KIES
    There are major problems with KIES, try to test it on another pc with another OS. No big deal

4GB or 2GB
    Check in your Task Manager>Storage
    It should look like this
    Internal Phone Memory /1.87GB
    Personal Data / 72.27GB
    Internal SD Card /1.52GB
    The figure should be + - (if got too much less, then its time for warranty claim.

GSM Arena
    Almost all true. Could be different with some countries model or name. But Gorilla glass and Bluetooth is correct

3. saigop

saigop Lurker
    None

Jul 13, 2011
    Hi,

I faced some thing strange. Let me explain. I am using SL I9003 with Vodafone 3g in Bangalore. Since I crossed my credit limit, the service provider blocked my outgoing call & sms and data packets two days back. Yesterday (17/08/2011) whole night I charged my mobile with 100%, by today (18/08/2011) around 4 PM I lost all my power in the battery and its prompting to charge eventhough the data packet was barred.

While checking my battery usage twitter application used 31%, then I closed the application using Netqin mobile manager.

Here I dont know what happen, since packet connection is inactive, how cum twitter is running? While the days I used with data connection, at that time I don't face this type of issue, since I have Juice defender it will control my data connection whenever my phone is in Idle.

Is this because, Twitter application is continoulsy trying to sync where data connection is not there?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Regards