1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Need help installing custom rom (First Timer)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KlexKavark, Jan 6, 2012.

1. KlexKavark

KlexKavark Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 5, 2012
    NYC, New York
    Noob here looking to install Gingersteem Extreme by PlayfulGod. Currently i have an untouched stock phone never been flashed, themed, backed up or anything for that matter except that a month ago i rooted it using a older root method that does not include clockwork or anything else but superuser 1.0. Ive read abit and i know i need Clockwork mod recovery to be able to flash. Let me explain what i plan on doing.

1)Unroot and do a factory reset then reroot using the PlayfulGod's [CWM][ROOT][RZR] Root & Recovery AIO.

2)Then after i have everything cleaned and have clockwork installed boot into recovery and make a backup of my stock firmware incase i brick so i can restore then boot back to the phone and buy titanium backup pro and backup contacts, widgets and apps to external SD so i dont have to manually reinstall all my apps and manually re enter all contacts after i get the gingersteem extreme.

3)Install Custom ROM Gingersteem Extreme via Recovery Menu

4)Reinstall Titanium Back Up Pro and restore all my apps, widgets and contacts.

Are these steps correct? If not please feel free to correct me this is my first time flashing a phone and dont want to brick it.

Advertisement

2. NeoSabin

NeoSabin Well-Known Member
    None

May 25, 2011
    To your left
    You don't need to unroot just run the AIO then backup with titanium if you like, boot into CWM, do a nandroid backup, wipe data and caches, flash ROM and done.

3. revogozoom

revogozoom Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    Texas
    Neo is correct but if you are set on a factory reset before starting, back up your apps first as they will be removed with a reset.

Tags: