1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Need help Installing musicgoogle.apk!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Helenoftroy08, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Helenoftroy08

Helenoftroy08 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    I was trying to install a modified theme musicgoogle.apk. The stock musicgoogle.apk is now gone from my phone. I backed up the stock apk first of course, but I cannot install it, or the modified theme apk. Help!

Advertisement

2. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Corporate & Securties Attorney
    Wilmington, DE
    musicgoogle.apk needs to be in /system/app, so it can't be installed in the usual way. From the Bugless Beast FAQ ([FAQ] Bugless Beast - Pete - AllDroid Public Board - [FAQ] Bugless Beast - Pete - AllDroid Public Board - Forum):

speaking of switching, what's the easiest way to switch apps?
    1. using root explorer (in the market) or astro (in godmode), copy the apk you desire and paste it into /system/app (replace the apk of the same name that's already there) -- you'll need to press the button on the top right that says "mount r/w".
    2. long-press on the newly pasted apk file and select "permissions".
    3. change the permissions to User: read - write, group: read, others: read
    4. when you click "okay", you should see "rw-r--r--" in the fine print under the apk name.
    5. click the "mount r/o" button, then reboot. (thank you, girluvsdroid!)

i removed the mms.apk, alarm.apk, or some other app and am having issues now. how do i reinstall it?
    put the apk (you can get mms.apk or alarm.apk from a nandroid backup or bugless beast nandroid in /system/app) on the root of your sd card and type the following in terminal emulator (can get it from the market):

Quote:
    su
    sysrw
    busybox cp /sdcard/*.apk /system/app
    sysro
    sync
    reboot

where *.apk is the apk you wish to install. (thank you, armak and richie97!)

Helenoftroy08 likes this.
  3. Helenoftroy08

Helenoftroy08 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009

Thank you so much!! A quick reply on a holiday, that WORKED!!!!!!!