• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help NEED HELP. Kies update failure.

daivik

Android Enthusiast
Apr 19, 2010
Was updating my standard, stock UK T-Mobile GS2 through Kies, following it exactly.

It was downloading and then it said when it began updating, that the connection has been lost (with the phone)

It was from PDA:KE3 / PHONE:KF1 / CSC:KE3 to PDA:KE3 / PHONE:KF1 / CSC:KF1.

It then came up with the prompt to disconnect the cable, then battery, then replace battery and turn on and then try again. BUT should I do this?

BECAUSE my GS2 has the Android robot and says "Downloading" "Do not turn off target!!" on it?

It's been doing this for the past 30 minutes or so.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi, exactly the same thing has happened to me today.
Firmware available on Kies but it failed to update. I did follow instructions & removed battery etc and trying the update again. :thinking:

-------------UPDATE---------------
OK it worked second time. I think I should have clicked the windows notification in the task bar the first time round when the new drivers had installed and were ready. Perhaps Kies was waiting for that & eventually timed out because I'd not done it. So after closing Kies the first time I then clicked on the OK for the new drivers that were installed, detached the cable & removed the battery etc. Then at next attempt Kies installed the firmware update and there wasn't a windows prompt about the new drivers this time because I'd already OK'd them last time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones