1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Need Help Locating Some Apps *SOLVED*

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kij, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Kij

Kij Newbie
    None

Sep 21, 2011
    Okay guys, I'm running the CyanogenMod7 Nightly and I'm loving it. Just a few problems, though...

I need a few stock Google apps and I cannot find them anywhere. I need the Navigation app that comes stock with 2.3.3 (the blue arrow icon where you just click it and it takes you to the screen with starred places, speak/type destination/etc.).

Also, I need help "fixing" the notification issue with voicemail. I re-installed the sprint_vmm.apk file but I still get an annoying text message every time. I read somewhere that you can change your voicemail number and then dial something like *760 or something and it'll fix it but...I can't find where I read that! *repeated headdesk* UGH! :mad:

Advertisement

2. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    /home/
    Did you install gapps? If not, do that.

Not sure about the sprint voice mail, I've never used it.

Kij likes this.
  3. Kij

Kij Newbie
    None

Sep 21, 2011

Disregard. Problem solved. For some reason, after I installed GAPPS, navigation wasn't there...and neither was a lot of things I used to use.

Then suddenly...they appeared out of nowhere.

ALSO!

I found this tip on how to block that annoying voicemail garbage text from #9016: http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/269912-block-sms-9016-a.html

Send a text to 9999 that reads "BLOCK 9016" and it will automatically block it for you. Sweet, huh?

ocnbrze and DaRayvn like this.
  4. DaRayvn

DaRayvn Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    Grand Rapids

did you flash the gapps zip?? thats what gets you all your google apps...i believe the maps works but the navigation has a fix that you can do for it...

the gapps zip you can get here...under aosp...

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/284413-roms-kernels-download-page.html

the gps fix for navigation...here's the thread on how to do that...

xda-developers - View Single Post - [INFO/FAQ] Unofficial Cyanogen Mod Nightly (6/6 - I'm taking my ball and going home!)

and as far as the text thing...i've never heard of changing your number...so maybe if someone else who has can help with that part of it...but when i ran CM7 i downloaded Go Sms Pro....then go into that and blacklist that text so it doesnt show up on Go Sms Pro...then go into the settings on the stock messenger and disable notifications, and select 2 for sms and mms so that after every two texts on the stock messenger it will delete itself...

EDIT: ima have to try that 9016 thing you just said...never even heard of doing that before..

5. Kij

Kij Newbie
    None

Sep 21, 2011
    Nah, I didn't do anything to it other than originally flash the GAPPS. It was just a weird state of the phone where none of the Google Apps were showing...then all of a sudden BAM there they were, out of the blue. No idea there.

As far as GPS? Uhhh knock on wood but...I'm not having one bit of trouble with it. Try enabling all the location settings. That should help? Maybe not, I don't really know. I know for some reason with JUST GPS enabled, it could not/would not find my location, but as soon as I enabled "Use Wireless Networks" it immediately started working.

6. Kij

Kij Newbie
    None

Sep 21, 2011

I was wrong...it's all wonky now. D'OH!~

7. Kij

Kij Newbie
    None

Sep 21, 2011
    Here's the fix for GPS:
    Fixed mine right up. Sorry, I don't remember where I got this from. :/

ocnbrze likes this.