1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Need Help. New to this phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by crews4lyfe, Jan 13, 2012.

1. crews4lyfe

crews4lyfe Member
    None

May 24, 2011
    us19-dragway
    georgia
    Okay i am completely new to this phone. My last phone was an lg ally which was very easy to root and ROM. This phone seems a little more difficult. I have it rooted using the one click root on my computer. But im not exactly sure how to ROM it. I want to put steeldroid 4.5 on here but i need to know which is the best, most stable, ROM. and how exactly to get that ROM on my phone. I have 5.6.890 on the phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Advertisement

2. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Android Expert
    None

Mar 30, 2010
    I'm a cableguy....really
    Monterey, CA
    You should be able to do it the same way you did it on your Ally... I'm assuming.

You can download the rom right to your computer, if you like. Then drag it to the root of your sdcrad. Then boot into recovery, install zip from card...and voila! done. Dont forget to do a factory wipe before you install the rom.

Also, you should be able to do it right from your rom manager.
    I have liberty 3(very stable rom) and have the liberty rom toolbox. Right from there you can download the rom, and install it onto your phone.

I'm not going into too many details since you said you have flashed roms before.

crews4lyfe likes this.
  3. crews4lyfe

crews4lyfe Member
    None

May 24, 2011
    us19-dragway
    georgia

Thanks! I was confused cause the different software the phones come with. I have 5.6.890. Didn't know which ROM you could flash over which but I will try liberty ROM now. Thanks