• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {NEED HELP} No OS on my HTC M9 T-moblie

Wayne1221

Lurker
Jul 22, 2016
Hi guys. The story is i installed a font on my rooted M9, after I installed the font i kept getting a htc error, every time I press dont send error to htc the error message would still pop up ever 2-5 seconds. So to try to fix this i factory restored my htc with TWRP. After i did that it still didnt help the error message kept poping up and i couldnt set up my phone, so i wiped my phone with TWRP and now not there is no OS on my htc. I tried to install T-moblie ruu on hts's website but i keep getting a 131 error. i dont know what to do. Can i put an os on a micro SD and install it with TWRP im not sure. PLZ HELP :(

I know i can fix it by finding a T-moblie back up but i dont know my CID number, tryed to use adb to find it but the cmd wont recognize my device.

RUU i used-http://www.htc.com/us/support/rom-downloads.html#tmobile

I don't suppose you'd ever made a backup using TWRP? If you have then restoring that is your solution. Or just pick a suitable custom ROM, copy that to the microSD and use TWRP to install it.

The factory reset didn't fix things because you'd probably installed the bad font to /system, which isn't affected by a reset. It's always a good idea to take a backup using recovery before modifying the system in any way.

If you want to run the RUU, have you relocked the bootloader? The RUU won't run unless you do. But I'd have thought that a custom ROM (ViperOneM9, LeeDroid, Android Revolution HD, Maximus HD) would be simpler and would still leave you rooted.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Welcome to AF, @Wayne1221 :).

I've moved your thread to our specific HTC One M9 root area for you so that you'll get some more targeted/relevant views and replies for your issues.

Cheers and best of luck!
I don't suppose you'd ever made a backup using TWRP? If you have then restoring that is your solution. Or just pick a suitable custom ROM, copy that to the microSD and use TWRP to install it.

The factory reset didn't fix things because you'd probably installed the bad font to /system, which isn't affected by a reset. It's always a good idea to take a backup using recovery before modifying the system in any way.

If you want to run the RUU, have you relocked the bootloader? The RUU won't run unless you do. But I'd have thought that a custom ROM (ViperOneM9, LeeDroid, Android Revolution HD, Maximus HD) would be simpler and would still leave you rooted.
thank you so much i love you. But i have tmoblie can i still use my sim?

Upvote 0
The ROM won't affect the SIM at all.
Some carrier variants need their own ROMs, but that's only because of hardware differences, so it's typically Verizon or Sprint variants you have to be careful with. With the earlier M7 you could use the same ROMs with T-Mobile as for any other GSM network. If you check the first post of the ROM thread it should tell you if there are any carrier compatibility issues, but I don't expect T-Mobile to be a problem.

Upvote 0
The ROM won't affect the SIM at all.
Some carrier variants need their own ROMs, but that's only because of hardware differences, so it's typically Verizon or Sprint variants you have to be careful with. With the earlier M7 you could use the same ROMs with T-Mobile as for any other GSM network. If you check the first post of the ROM thread it should tell you if there are any carrier compatibility issues, but I don't expect T-Mobile to be a problem.
thank you for all the helpp. im goin to use viperone m9

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones