1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need Help! No Service!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by taylorblasi044, May 19, 2011.

1. taylorblasi044

I recently attempted to root my LG Optimus M (2.2.1), but I guess I messed up somewhere... Everything went smoothly until I got to the command prompt part, nothing I type in works. I have not the slightest idea of what to do at this point, I was up all night trying to figure it out with no luck whatsoever. I'm stuck with no service, which really sucks. As of right now all I want is my service back. Please help, thanks in advance for any advice.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. blaxican25

blaxican25 Android Expert

did you get helped yet?

3. taylorblasi044

How do I install it?? In the post you gave me it says "Get the APK on the phone somehow, and install it."

4. taylorblasi044

Sorry I'm new to this, don't really know all the in and outs yet. No I haven't been helped yet. Thanks for the quick reply.

5. blaxican25

ok so you tryed to root your phone you did the update and now you have no service?

6. taylorblasi044

Yeah but I couldn't get passed the command prompt stage. I tried copying and pasting it in like the tutorial instructs but nothing works... I tried re-doing the whole thing but once I get to the part where I have to use the LGNPST prog. it repeatedly tells me to unplug, cycle power and try again.

7. t3084

t3084 Android Enthusiast

which how-to did you follow?

8. t3084

t3084 Android Enthusiast

well it's hard to help exactly cuz we don't know where it is that you messed up.

when I was attempting to root my phone I had some strange issues... but this was before we knew that the 2.2.1 phones are different then the ones that came with 2.2, but I learned this from it.

when your phone is already 2.2.1 like how it is(broken :) ), the LG software won't reflash your phone to a proper state, since it is already 2.2.1

you can flash your phone with the 2.2 bin file from the 2.2.1>2.2 downgrade method for the users phones that came with 2.2. This will make you boot into a black screen where you can hear the boot sounds, from there your phone is unusable. BUT, you can then use the LG software to "upgrade" to the 2.2.1, which will be in working order.

I don't know the actual repercussions of doing this, but hey, you get a working phone and you get to start over on the rooting process. This time though, cross your t's and dot your i's, so that we can better help.

9. taylorblasi044

So install 2.2 then reinstall 2.2.1 and I would have a working phone? If so, how would I go about doing that? IDK much about this type of thing... I underestimated the difficulty of rooting I guess.

10. agent0064life

agent0064life Newbie

Had the same problem. Make sure you turn on debugging mode. It turns off after your phone is flashed so you have to turn it back on.

11. taylorblasi044

yeah I figured that out. Also my Anti-Virus kept turning back on and deleting some file it thought was a trojan... Could that have anything to do with the command prompt not accepting any of my entries?

12. pmb116

pmb116 Android Enthusiast

Did you install sdk on your computer. Could be the problem if you didn't. Also did you make sure to copy/paste the first line which gives the command to navigate to sdk. Start from scratch disable antivirus and UAC and give it another try. There's also a video tutorial stickied

13. pmb116

pmb116 Android Enthusiast

Also your antivirus was probably giving you the false positive. In cdma workshop because its a cracked. file

14. taylorblasi044

Yeah I installed sdk. Copy/Paste what? where? The command prompt?

15. blaxican25

i got him fixed up and rooted.

taylorblasi044 likes this.
  16. t3084

t3084 Android Enthusiast

what was the fix for this issue?

17. taylorblasi044

There was a few issues, don't know exactly what they were... Blaxican25 fixed everything for me. Thanks everyone for the help, especially Blaxican25, you were a huge help!