• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root need help on getting mobile network service with a custom rom

I just booted a custom rom on my thunderbolt from "rom manager" to be specific the developer's name is "Ihtfp69" the rom was called "Skyrader Zeus Preview". the rom is cool & everything but now I have no mobile network connection. I cant make calls, texts & use 4G. I know I can undo the rom & go back to my stock UI but I want to keep this rom with service.

Thanks in advance!

1)dont use rom manager. at least not until youre familiar with manually manipulating things in recovery.
2) youll need to flash new radios to get your rom to work. down load them from here and flash them in hboot(directions in the how to sticky)

and you may want to acknowledge the comments in your other thread if you want continued help. nothing is more irratating than a user asking for advice,advice given,and no follow up to let others know if the prollem is fixed.

this is a courtesy to people who have given advice,and is helpful to others who find the thread in a search later.

another very nice thing to do is click the "thanks" button when someone gives you advice or info that helps. :)

Upvote 0
I'm sorry about not replying or thanking anybody. this is the first forum I ever signed up to so it's taking a bit of getting use to. Please dont be angry with me :)

I downloaded both the radio & mirror radio. what do I do next?

Once again in advance thank you very much for you help! I will make sure to hit the "thanks" button.

Here's Scotty's guide to flashing in hboot which is what you'll need to do with the radio: http://androidforums.com/thunderbol...91-how-some-root-terminology.html#post2812075

Upvote 0
1)dont use rom manager. at least not until youre familiar with manually manipulating things in recovery.
2) youll need to flash new radios to get your rom to work. down load them from here and flash them in hboot(directions in the how to sticky)

and you may want to acknowledge the comments in your other thread if you want continued help. nothing is more irratating than a user asking for advice,advice given,and no follow up to let others know if the prollem is fixed.

this is a courtesy to people who have given advice,and is helpful to others who find the thread in a search later.

another very nice thing to do is click the "thanks" button when someone gives you advice or info that helps. :)

Thank you very much Scotty for all your help, you really know what you're doing (I guess you didn't get to the top for no reason). Thanks to you & everybody else that helped me, I'm now rooted, have sense 3.0/GB & HTC hub! once again thank you very much! You are the best!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones