• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help on "How to change roms and kernels?"

icyroad41

Lurker
Aug 4, 2012
I have xperia neo v and its my first time rooting my phone ...i flashed a downgrade firmware (the one shown)in order to root it and i flashed the custom kernel and the rom .. now i want to change the firmware,kernel and rom . What shoud i do ? cange the rom first ?? or the kernel or ?? what ? pls help
firmware: 4.0.2.A.0.62
kernel: night-elf v9.6
rom: codename 8

I have xperia neo v and its my first time rooting my phone ...i flashed a downgrade firmware (the one shown)in order to root it and i flashed the custom kernel and the rom .. now i want to change the firmware,kernel and rom . What shoud i do ? cange the rom first ?? or the kernel or ?? what ? pls help
firmware: 4.0.2.A.0.62
kernel: night-elf v9.6
rom: codename 8

Dear Mr. icyroad41, Just transfer the ROM file in your SD card, and any patches if required. And do the following:-

1.Factory reset in cwm
2.wipe cache partition
3.wipe dalvik cache
4.Format /system (in mounts and storage)
5.Format /cache
6.Format /Data
7.Install Custom_ROM.zip (Where Custom_ROM is the name of your Custom Rom.. lol)
8.Install patch for your phone model
9.Reboot now and you are done !

After flashing let the phone settle down for 1 hour at least before starts to play with it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones