• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need help - phone is freaking out...reset didn't fix it!

Redflea

Android Expert
Oct 6, 2009
For the past 30 minutes or so my Droid has been in a really bad state.

The basic symptom is that the majority of apps won't launch. The few that do launch but when I exit them (back key) I go to a blank screen for anywhere up to 30s, and then the home screen finally appears. What works is kind of random...email works, Gmail doesn't, shop savvy works, appmanger doesn't...marketplace works.

Did a factory reset, that didn't help. Same problem appeared again after I set up my phone again.

No other new apps (removed the new Gallery app, WaveSecure beta, and the Weather Channel - all were added in the last day or so).

Never seen anything like this.

It started this evening after I loaded a new Gallery app that was supposed to provide pinch zoom...after installing it the app wouldn't run, other apps wouldn't run and I ended up doing the reset.

No idea if this is some coincidence or if the new Gallery app was the issue, but since I've done a reset after uninstalling it and it hasn't been re-installed, seems hard to believe it would still be an issue.

My next step will be to turn off the "back up my settings" option and do another reset, but I'd prefer not to if I can avoid it...

Appreciate any troubleshooting ideas.

Yup. Things are good again. Phew. Good idea about the backup. I'd be happy ifit would ask first before applying the backup.

It's actually pretty funny in one way - this was the first time that the backup/restore feature had worked for me. Previously, though I had backup turned on, nothing got restored. This time, the one time I would not have wanted it to work, it did. ;)

Upvote 0
Anybody that is a Cricket Customer with a flashed Motorola Droid? I've been having some major problems with my phone. My Droid is my life email, phone, music, etc. {: Please HELP ME )O. It has been doing its own thing moving the screen, sending text messages, making randoms movements. Please I have the 2.2 froyo on it and it has been fully flashed to Cricket Wireless.

Please respond via webpage or via email at:
Jhorton.info@gmail.com

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones