1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

need help picking out sprint smartphone..HTC evo 4g? evo 3d?mn

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by hodgesdodges, Aug 15, 2011.

1. hodgesdodges

hodgesdodges Lurker
    None

Aug 12, 2011
    Bouncer/Security
    Evansville Indiana
    I just got a sprint epic 4 g.. however the battery will not stay charged up for any length of time. I have downloaded juice defender and other programs. I have decided to return my phone and get a different one.. thinking about the evo 4 g for the evo 3d. How do these phones compared to my epic 4 g? Thanks..

Advertisement

2. onpointG35

onpointG35 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 1, 2010
    Male
    Breaking and Entering
    CT
    Well from experience I would have to say go with the Evo 4g this phone is great even if its been out for some time. I tried the Evo 3d its cool n all but just trying to use the 3d gimmick just gave me a headache, best advice is try them for urself and make ur decision that way fyi using an extended battery greatly improve heavy daily use especially when u find those cool games to pass the time.

3. hodgesdodges

hodgesdodges Lurker
    None

Aug 12, 2011
    Bouncer/Security
    Evansville Indiana
    Well im not interested in the 3d tech stuff at all..the only thing that was interesting to me was the dual core processor and the other specs that seem to out weigh the tech specs of the evo 4g...i could care less about the 3d side of it..I can get either phone for the same price but i have to do it soon...

4. onpointG35

onpointG35 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 1, 2010
    Male
    Breaking and Entering
    CT
    The new evo does have a better spec sheet but honestly right now the only advantage of dual core I c is for those really high end games. I have cm7 on my rooted evo eliminated apps I have no reason using aka NASCAR and I rarely have a slow down, since you can get either phone I guess shoot for the most recent

5. cds0699

cds0699 Android Expert
    None

May 22, 2010
    Shenandoah Jct WV
    The EVO 3D does have a lot to love even without the 3D (You do have the toggle, so you don't have to use the 3D, you can use it in 2D). Not only the dual core processor, but you also have the qHD display and HTC Sense 3.0 on top of Android 2.3, which has some nice added functionality.

The other phone currently available that you could look at is the Motorola Photon 4G. The Photon is a 1.2 ghz dual core (Tegra 2, same as the EVO 3D) processor, same 4.3 qHD display, and the updated version of Motorola's applications platform on top of Android 2.3.

Main thing is, in the end its up to you personally what YOU like, so I'd go to the store and get some hands on time with the different phones and see what you prefer.