• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root need help please. galaxy prevail 2 stuck in download

sam adams

Lurker
Jul 26, 2015
so far my adventures in rooting has been full of techtardation. I have a prevail 2 operating on 4.4.4. I used kingroot to root the device, and supersume to get rid of all the left-over apps it leaves behind. after that i installed rom manager. As I was trying to flash cwm my phone went into download mode, reading:
could not do normal boot.
Odin mode
Product name: SM-G360P
Current binary: samsung official
System status: custom
Reactivation lock(kk): off
Qualcomm secureboot: ENABLE (CSB)
Rp swrev: s1, t1, h1, r1, a1, p1
secure download: enable.

this is the first phone that I have tried to modify in any way. and I have no idea what to do from here.
Any help is appreciatted.

Bootanimation for SPH-M840 You must be Rooted and Have CWM Custom Recovery Installed
From Custom Recovery ..install zip ... choose zip from external sdcard
Flash from Custom Recovery.... I have this on my Galaxy S3 and Now My Prevail2 ... added BST_for Boost Mobil Prevail2 support.
You can Modify the Zip File and Replace My .qmg and .ogg files with whatever you like...
https://mega.nz/#!3IxwHCaa!TEted7wthhUosVNQ0RE3lpa56nxRrgY2cctpxTJ--g0

Upvote 0
Bootanimation for SPH-M840 You must be Rooted and Have CWM Custom Recovery Installed
From Custom Recovery ..install zip ... choose zip from external sdcard
Flash from Custom Recovery.... I have this on my Galaxy S3 and Now My Prevail2 ... added BST_for Boost Mobil Prevail2 support.
You can Modify the Zip File and Replace My .qmg and .ogg files with whatever you like...
https://mega.nz/#!3IxwHCaa!TEted7wthhUosVNQ0RE3lpa56nxRrgY2cctpxTJ--g0
Is this your zip file? Confirmed to work? Not sure what this has to do with the OP's issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes that is my file from Mega... I have a SPH-M840 ... White... You can sand down the chrome if it looks like crap
and it goes all white.. I just bought 2 more from Ebay... What's your question ? When you are in download mode
can't you access Odin3 and put the stock firmware back on the phone ? Check out this link https://a2zrom.com/download-samsung-sph-m840-firmware
I didn't get my stuff from here but I did fix my phone... COMBINATION_M840VPAMH5 blah blah blah .tar.md5
I get all passing results on what I use... if you have a problem try running .tar instead of .tar.md5 but it don't make any difference
all my files work... You can make a boot.img into a tar by using 7z and adding to archive in tar format... and they work in Odin3
The Bootanimation2.zip installed for me because I am rooted and I used SuperSU.zip via CWM Recovery Zipupload.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes that is my file from Mega... I have a SPH-M840 ... White... You can sand down the chrome if it looks like crap
and it goes all white.. I just bought 2 more from Ebay... What's your question ? When you are in download mode
can't you access Odin3 and put the stock firmware back on the phone ? Check out this link https://a2zrom.com/download-samsung-sph-m840-firmware
I didn't get my stuff from here but I did fix my phone... COMBINATION_M840VPAMH5 blah blah blah .tar.md5
I get all passing results on what I use... if you have a problem try running .tar instead of .tar.md5 but it don't make any difference
all my files work... You can make a boot.img into a tar by using 7z and adding to archive in tar format... and they work in Odin3
The Bootanimation2.zip installed for me because I am rooted and I used SuperSU.zip via CWM Recovery Zipupload.
Oh, I don't have the question, I'm not the OP :p They haven't been back in 3 years and was just wondering how your bootanimation zip would help the OP's issue is all.

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones