• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need Help please...suspicious activity/ rooted?/help

Files im not familiar with, are popping up, photos ive deleted are reapearing, apps i never installed I have, and my usb cord has disapeared.......certain apps are jus down right suspicious when I open them.....somethings not right........or im just that technically dumb...either way I need to get to the bottom of it....any help would be outstanding...ill be monitoring this post off an on...thanks....:thinking::thinking: oh....Ive never rooted this phone....thats why Im suspicious......need help with someone who is a pro at checks and ballances with rooting and is familiar with android apps Im a total newbie, and concerned for privacy security. Thanks

Files im not familiar with, are popping up, photos ive deleted are reapearing, apps i never installed I have, and my usb cord has disapeared.......certain apps are jus down right suspicious when I open them.....somethings not right........or im just that technically dumb...either way I need to get to the bottom of it....any help would be outstanding...ill be monitoring this post off an on...thanks....:thinking::thinking: oh....Ive never rooted this phone....thats why Im suspicious......need help with someone who is a pro at checks and ballances with rooting and is familiar with android apps Im a total newbie, and concerned for privacy security. Thanks

Could you be more specific on those things you've mentioned? For example, what files keep popping up? What apps you have now that you did not install? Anything else?

Are you concerned that you've been "bugged" by the government? Your USB cord "disappeared" has nothing to do with any suspicious things on your phone if your phone has a Trojan - you've probably just misplaced it somewhere.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones