1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need Help (Possible Virus?)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GraceRiley99, Jul 6, 2017.

1. GraceRiley99

GraceRiley99 Lurker

I have a LG G3 that has recently been having problems. The screen and phone will work fine, then will turn black, and will not want to turn back on. The audio that I play will still continue to play, so the phone doesn't shut down.

I can get the screen back on after waiting a few minutes (trying to do so immediately--either with the power button or by double tapping the screen does nothing)

After it is back on, the process repeats after a minute or so. The screen will work, then turn black, then I have to wait a few minutes to be able to get it back on.

This all started today. It hasn't done this before.

A few minutes ago, I rebooted the phone, and the screen didn't turn off after several minutes. This was longer than it had been before, so I thought that fixed it. Suddenly, the screen started flickering repeatedly, then the screen went black again.

I shut the phone off.

Could this be a virus? It only began happening today. If it is, should I download one of those virus removal apps (if those work)?

I need answers on how to fix it. I dont have money to take it to a shop or anything.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #4 by AMOCO, Jul 6, 2017 (1 points)
  3. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

Hi and Welcome to Android Forums,@GraceRiley99

No virus,Just an issue.
    Both my old G2 & G4 had the same issue.
    Do a factory reset,But be sure to backup all your data and files(Audio,Videos...).

EDIT:So far hasn't done it on my LG Stylo 2.

4. GraceRiley99

GraceRiley99 Lurker

How can we factory reset? I remember there was a place in settings for that, but the screen isn't going to stay on long enough for me to get to it.

5. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

• Press and hold Power and Volume Down on the back of your G3
    • Wait for the LG logo
    • Keep holding the Volume Down button and release then re-press the Power button
    • You should now see the Factory Data Reset screen
    • Use Volume Down to navigate to Yes
    • Press Power to confirm
    • You should now see the Erase All User Data and Restore Default Settings screen
    • Navigate to Yes with the Volume Down button
    • Press Power to confirm

LG G3 Forum

The LG G3 release date was June 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

June 2014
Release Date
Reviews