• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need Help (Possible Virus?)

I have a LG G3 that has recently been having problems. The screen and phone will work fine, then will turn black, and will not want to turn back on. The audio that I play will still continue to play, so the phone doesn't shut down.

I can get the screen back on after waiting a few minutes (trying to do so immediately--either with the power button or by double tapping the screen does nothing)

After it is back on, the process repeats after a minute or so. The screen will work, then turn black, then I have to wait a few minutes to be able to get it back on.

This all started today. It hasn't done this before.

A few minutes ago, I rebooted the phone, and the screen didn't turn off after several minutes. This was longer than it had been before, so I thought that fixed it. Suddenly, the screen started flickering repeatedly, then the screen went black again.

I shut the phone off.

Could this be a virus? It only began happening today. If it is, should I download one of those virus removal apps (if those work)?

I need answers on how to fix it. I dont have money to take it to a shop or anything.

• Press and hold Power and Volume Down on the back of your G3
  • Wait for the LG logo
  • Keep holding the Volume Down button and release then re-press the Power button
  • You should now see the Factory Data Reset screen
  • Use Volume Down to navigate to Yes
  • Press Power to confirm
  • You should now see the Erase All User Data and Restore Default Settings screen
  • Navigate to Yes with the Volume Down button
  • Press Power to confirm

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones