1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need help. Potential brick.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by WhippyNom, Jun 20, 2017.

1. WhippyNom

WhippyNom Newbie

Phone is rooted.

I wanted to allow for the "homescreen" to rotate. The only function of the "Allow rotation" was for all of my apps and everything that I use the phone for except a phone.

I followed these instructions, and figured that the worst that could happen is that the phone would reboot and revert....
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/v...home-screen-rotation-4-1-2-requires-root.html
    Well, it did not. The phone does not boot. It displays the samsung logo when turning on. It does turn off when you hold the button. The computer knows something is turning off and on by beeping at me. I cannot see the phone when it connects via windows file explorer. When the phone is "off" the big green battery logo is visible.

I did save a copy of an unedited version of this file, as well as a backup in the root folder.

Any way I can fix this from a pc or another android device?

I need some help lol.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. WhippyNom

WhippyNom Newbie

And to give more info, I am able to boot to the android repair screen. Can I load something from SD card? I have the file that was not edited currently off the phone.

3. WhippyNom

WhippyNom Newbie

I can get into android recovery. I did attempt to reinstall default settings, and it did nothing.

I have a copy of the default rom. Is there a way I can install that from recovery?

4. WhippyNom

WhippyNom Newbie

Problem solved.

I installed an image by holding the down button while booting.

The curious thing now is that the rooting won't work with the towelroot.

Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro release date was October 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 1850mAh battery.

October 2012
Release Date
Reviews