1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Need help. Pretty big emergency.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HJAcevedo, Apr 6, 2011.

1. HJAcevedo

HJAcevedo Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 20, 2011
    College Student
    Brooklyn, NY
    Ok, so I rooted my phone, downloaded a custom rom and now decided to go back to stock.

I followed this guide:

How To: Load a Custom ROM on the T-Mobile MyTouch 4G / HTC Glacier | TheUnlockr

Only difference being I used cynagen7 or something of the sort instead of the rom used in the video. How do I go back to my restore point? I tried...and now it won't restart and my mytouch4g stays on its startup screen where it reads mytouch4tg....

Thanks and I hope I can fix this.

Advertisement

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
  3. HJAcevedo

None

Mar 20, 2011
    College Student
    Brooklyn, NY
    well the problem is the phone won't start at all...i get stuck on the initial screen that says mytouch4g giving me access to nothing.

when i turn it on using volume down and power i hit back/restore then reboot after it's finished and nothing...

i MIGHT be able to install the os saved on my sd card. is there anyway to return to stock if i can even get it to start up using that custom rom?

4. HJAcevedo

None

Mar 20, 2011
    College Student
    Brooklyn, NY
    Ok so I got it to boot into Cyanagon7...and I notice it doesn't have the android market installed. Would it be a problem to have installed? Where/how should I get my apps?

5. Kimbernator

Kimbernator Member
    None

Jan 30, 2011
    i had the exact same issue. The problem is what version of clockworkmod you're using. Get back in to cm7 through recovery or a rom flash, and then in rom manager go to the bottom and choose "all clockwork mod recoveries" and flash 2.5.1.2 . The recovery of the stock rom you made will work just fine.

Why?

3.0.0.5 can only successfully flash/recover 2.3 based roms, 2.5.1.2 can only flash/recover 2.2 based roms. You'll need to switch between the two depending on which rom you flash. Also, recoveries made in later clockworks are compatible with earlier ones, so dont worry about it.

3.0.0.6 is finished, and allows for the flashing of both, but is not yet available through rom manager.