1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Need help...questions about VZW??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jeep_man, Mar 17, 2011.

1. jeep_man

jeep_man Guest
    None
    I have been dying to get this phone for months now and now that it is finally here, I went to my VZW corporate store today and played with this badboy. I am currently with sprint and was going to have them port my number over and sign up for a 1 yr contract. I have an employer discount of 20%/25% off accessories. The manager at the store would not give me any type of discount off of the phone and/or waive the $35 activation fee. I have been debating to just wait til the weekend and order from VZW.com and get free activation.

If I order my phone online, can I still port my number from sprint or do I have to do it in store? Is there any body that I can call or check with to see about getting a better deal on the phone? I keep reading on here about everybody with there corporate discounts getting the phone cheaper. I work for a national insurance company that has over 10,000 VZW accounts, so I would think that I would get some type of deal. The manager at my local VZW store is a jerk, and I don't really want to give him the business if I don't have to. Can anybody help me?
    PS..I am only interested in a 1 yr contract so wirefly and amazon are out!

Advertisement

2. 2011mazdaspeed

2011mazdaspeed Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 17, 2011
    print out the amazon.com price and go in and have them match it. they did for me. and for activation fees, just call them and have them waive them. ive never paid an activation fee.. EVER

3. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Android Expert
    None

Jun 23, 2010
    Virginia
    I would try calling into CS. They seem to be of a higher power sometimes. :)

4. jeep_man

jeep_man Guest
    None
    anybody else have any ideas?

5. jennay22

jennay22 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 19, 2010
    VA
    You may have to establish your new VZW account first and then once you have that, you can apply for your emp discount from you job by either submitting a pay stub or going online and entering your work email address and work info to get the discount. I don't think they can just accept the emp discount w/o them verifying it first and for them to do that, you have to have an account. Like PP said though, I would call CS and see what they can do. GL!

6. jeep_man

jeep_man Guest
    None
    Just got off the phone with vzw customer service. Thanks to an awesome rep, just got my tbolt for $229 for a 1 year contract [​IMG]
    Free overnight shipping on top of that!!!!!!
    Soon I will joining all of you in the glory that is the Thunderbolt!!