1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need help quick!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by taco1967, Sep 4, 2011.

1. taco1967

taco1967 Lurker

i've just been changing a few icons on my Galaxy S2 home screen. everything has been running great, had no problems whatsoever until i tried to access the market this afternoon.
    the error im getting is that i need to set up or sign into my gmail account, so i go ahead and chose sign in, then it says:
    "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server.
    This could be a temporary problem or your SIM card may not be provisioned
    for data services. If it continues, call Customer Care."

ive searched all day on the net for a fix, tried unmounting the sd card, removing the sim, signing in via youtube, but nothing works.
    what i have noticed is that, in the accounts settings, my gmail address is missing as well as my talktalk account (samsung account is there though)
    now, i must say that while i have been messing around with stock icons, i havent touched anything google related, or indeed deleted any apk's.

when i try to add ANY email account, i get messages like 'unable to contact server' etc

ive reflashed my firmware as was suggested in another forum, but that hasnt fixed it either.

i have an idea though, but will it work.....if i set up my accounts on my girlfriends galaxy ace, could this be copied to my phone?

also, what apk file stores these settings, i have a sneaky feeling they have either been deleted earlier or corrupted somehow.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download