• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help re-installing EVO4g to Sense (to flash to Boost Mobile)

iiininiii

Lurker
Jul 13, 2012
I rooted and installed CyanogenMod 7 on my EVO4g a while ago.
Hboot 2.10.001 and radio 2.15.00.12.19

I am trying to unroot so I can re-install sense in order to flash to boost.

I was able to turn s-on but am stuck at the rest of the process and frankly I have read so many forums, tutorials, and watched so many youtube videos I have gotten really confused about the rest of the process.

I have loaded several different downloaded pci36img.zip files into the root (yes, made sure they are not .zip.zip), and my EVO refuses to recognize any of them.

I've tried the ruu method using HTC sync and I cannot get the software to see my EVO.

I even went so far as to bring it to my local Sprint store who has a cust. service rep supposedly capable of restioring sense and he handed it back after a day of trying. He stated he could not find the correct files.

I have to admit that I am lost. Can someone point me in a direction?

I rooted and installed CyanogenMod 7 on my EVO4g a while ago.
Hboot 2.10.001 and radio 2.15.00.12.19

I am trying to unroot so I can re-install sense in order to flash to boost.

I was able to turn s-on but am stuck at the rest of the process and frankly I have read so many forums, tutorials, and watched so many youtube videos I have gotten really confused about the rest of the process.

I have loaded several different downloaded pci36img.zip files into the root (yes, made sure they are not .zip.zip), and my EVO refuses to recognize any of them.

I've tried the ruu method using HTC sync and I cannot get the software to see my EVO.

I even went so far as to bring it to my local Sprint store who has a cust. service rep supposedly capable of restioring sense and he handed it back after a day of trying. He stated he could not find the correct files.

I have to admit that I am lost. Can someone point me in a direction?

welcome to the forums!!!!!
you do not need to unroot to get sense. all you need to do is flash a sense rom.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Thank you for replying, though I am still confused..Will any Sense ROM work to use the dialpad to get into the diagnostic mode? That's where I was originally stuck because cyanogen dialer does not work in that way, and it needs to be in diagnostic mode for CDMA workshop to connect.

If I can just install a sense ROM like any other rom do i need to turn s-off again to do that? I got confused when my recovery would not see the pc36img file on bootup, and I tried several different ones all with the same result.

Can you provide a link to any correct ROM? Do I need to provide more information?

Upvote 0
Thank you for replying, though I am still confused..Will any Sense ROM work to use the dialpad to get into the diagnostic mode? That's where I was originally stuck because cyanogen dialer does not work in that way, and it needs to be in diagnostic mode for CDMA workshop to connect.

If I can just install a sense ROM like any other rom do i need to turn s-off again to do that? I got confused when my recovery would not see the pc36img file on bootup, and I tried several different ones all with the same result.

Can you provide a link to any correct ROM? Do I need to provide more information?

Use a ROM that is as close to stock as possible.

[ROM 4/19] - CleanROM 2.0 -★| GB 2.3.5 | Clean! | Smooth! | Stable! |★- - xda-developers

Reactions: iiininiii
Upvote 0
Thank you so much! Silly me for thinking I had to revert back to stock! The ROM you provided worked perfectly! I was then able to use the dialer code, which was all I needed.

Now I am stuck at the very last part of the flash to boost tutorial that discusses reading the donor phone's HA and AAA codes in QXDM.

I am using a ZTE warp, and it reports an error every time I try and read the codes. I do not have an incognito or rant. I think the access code does not work for a warp. QXDM accepts my SPC and says unlocked, but that is as far as I can get. I also tried using cdma ws but NV_item 465 reports an error as well :(

I have scoured the web looking for another method but so far I have been unsuccessful. I found another thread where another person has the same problem and I am monitoring it, but so far nothing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones