1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need Help Recovering Text Messages

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Brady Plum, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Brady Plum

Brady Plum Lurker

Hello,
    I need to recover text messages from last September(2016) for a law suit dealing with a car accident. I have already got the list from AT&T of the timestamp of sent/received messages but AT&T does not keep the details of what was said with each message. I'm wondering if there is a way to recover the messages that were sent that far back as they were automatically deleted after 1000 texts. I sent a text message at roughly the same time as the accident based on timestamps, but it would greatly help the case if I can prove that the sent text was about me just being involved in an accident like im pretty sure it was. If there is any way to do this, I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Leon Marco

Leon Marco Well-Known Member

Which phone do you use?

3. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Once deleted, gone for good, unless you had some sort of back up

lunatic59 likes this.
  4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Unfortunately, there is no archive of deleted messages. The only possibility is that whoever you sent the message to hasn't deleted it yet or backs up their messages.

5. Brady Plum

Brady Plum Lurker

I use a Galaxy S5, thank you for the responses, that's kind of what I thought but i was just hoping.

6. Xavier Black

Xavier Black Android Expert

Actually there's a way..the other day I was inside my T-Mobile online from my phone(don't know who your service provider is)..and inside on some settings..there's is some bank on it..that regardless if you deleted those messages or not they are definitely in there..not by contact name, though..just by phone number and they have a date and time stamp..I hope it works for you..

Let me know.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews