• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help removing TWMMS.apk and replace w/ Galaxy MMS?

Just like the title does any1 have the galaxy mms apk or instruction on how to flash/adb/pull/etc to replace the twmss.apk? Thanks.

To replace with Galaxy MMS, download:
http://shrunk.me/BH2-GALAZY-MMS-FIX.zip

Put the Mms.apk in your adb folder then

This is how I did it: (These are the instructions if it is from the BH_Man ODIN image (no need to su, other wise you need to su)
Code:
adb shell
rm /system/app/TwMms.apk
exit

adb install Mms.apk

Reactions: aznknightz17
Upvote 0
To replace with Galaxy MMS, download:
http://shrunk.me/BH2-GALAZY-MMS-FIX.zip

Put the Mms.apk in your adb folder then

This is how I did it: (These are the instructions if it is from the BH_Man ODIN image (no need to su, other wise you need to su)
Code:
adb shell
rm /system/app/TwMms.apk
exit

adb install Mms.apk

Oh 4got to thank you Mastermind278. Appreciate it. :)

Upvote 0
Do some google searching xda developers have put out a couple different versions of the stock android mms.apk. I found one that my mms works with and notifications with vibration. Depending on what rom you are using you may need to try a few. I was using one in the past that mms/vibration worked with and when I switched to BH_MAN's no twiz rom it didn't work. After some google searching i was able to find one that worked perfectly. Also you may need a different one depending on how your APN's are set up. I have the default APN set to APN type: MMS and have another APN set to internet only since I don't pay the 30 bucks for android data because I bought my phone of ebay. I only pay 10 for ulimited data and 5 something for unlimited text/picture messaging. I get full 3g internet with not website or data restrictions to so I'm not sure how they can charge people 30 dollars for the same internet. I've done speed test between 3g and edge and I'm definately running on edge.

Upvote 0
Do some google searching xda developers have put out a couple different versions of the stock android mms.apk. I found one that my mms works with and notifications with vibration. Depending on what rom you are using you may need to try a few. I was using one in the past that mms/vibration worked with and when I switched to BH_MAN's no twiz rom it didn't work. After some google searching i was able to find one that worked perfectly. Also you may need a different one depending on how your APN's are set up. I have the default APN set to APN type: MMS and have another APN set to internet only since I don't pay the 30 bucks for android data because I bought my phone of ebay. I only pay 10 for ulimited data and 5 something for unlimited text/picture messaging. I get full 3g internet with not website or data restrictions to so I'm not sure how they can charge people 30 dollars for the same internet. I've done speed test between 3g and edge and I'm definately running on edge.

WE have to pay the $30 for internet to subsidize l-users who rip off t-mobile by not paying fully for what they use. Hope you feel good about yourself.

Upvote 0
You aren't paying to subsidize iphone users. If T wanted to charge 20 they would, but they're just going with the standard...

Not really sure if he is trying to insult me or Iphone users? Either way doesn't really matter I'm not nor have ever been an iphone user. I was using the omnia before this phone which didn't get 3g. That's why I was only paid for the $10. Why pay $30 for an data a plan I can't fully appreciate. When I bought my behold 2 of ebay I figured I'd give the same APN's a try to see if they still worked. Sure enough I did and I have 3g. If you were in my position would you call up T-Mobile and say "yes I would like to pay an extra $20 on my phone bill for not apparent reason". No I really doubt you would. If you're insulting T-Mobile then well I can't say I blame you. I'm sure they have a legitimate reason, but I don't know the cell phone business well enough to defend an extra 20$.

Anyways sorry, for getting away from the point of this thread. I just don't take kindly to useless insults. IF you're mad start you're own bitching thread somewhere else where you can complain to your hearts content.

Upvote 0

Im having the same non vibration problem. Which one worked for you?

Upvote 0
actually, I use smart vibrator now and it works pretty good.

Do any of you use handcent? when I set handcent as my default/switched to galaxy mms, my messages wont send from mms.apk but will from handcent, any solutions? And when im recieving, it tells me "partial roaming" something when I know im not roaming

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones