1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root need help restoring recovery xperia z twrp/nandroid manager

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Arconsic, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Arconsic

Arconsic Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    hello i want to restore my backup which i did 1 year ago before i installed purexaudio rom to my rooted xperia z

problem is neither twrp or nandroid manager could read it,
    "also i cant remember with which of those i did create this recovery it was made on january 2014 as i read in the recovery.log"

its in this order

boot.emmc.win
    boot.emmc.win.md5
    data.ext4.win000
    data.ext4.win000.md5
    data.ext4.win001.md5
    recovery.log
    system.ext4.win
    system.ext4.win.md5

yet i cant restore it "neither of the two apps can detect my backup folder and when i manual browse it show empty", can someone tell me what im missing here? also i noticed in twrp boot menu theres option to wipe>factory rest i wonder if this could be alternative? is it safe to use? will it remove purexaudio rom? im sorry im asking alot but i dont know where to go, xperia z becoming relic and cant really find help anywhere else, thanks for your time reading this and hope someone can help me.

Advertisement

2. Slug

Slug Check six!
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    From your file listing it looks like a TWRP backup; if you open RECOVERY.LOG in a text editor/viewer you should be able to confirm this. I don't know why it's not recognised though.

A factory reset won't remove a custom firmware; you'll have to reinstall the stock firmware using FlashTool. You could try a "repair installation" via PC Companion, but I don't think it works if you've unlocked the bootloader.

Arconsic likes this.
  3. Arconsic

Arconsic Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    thanks for the help! i managed to get it to work after all it was my bad i didnt put it in the right directory i thought it could be read from anywhere in sd
    i removed purexaudio and restored factory defaults it went back to its classy themes sound and everything but i lost all my contacts :p