• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need help restoring s planner PLEASE, all entries lost!!

Hello guys,

I desperately need your help as I'm at my wits end. I have the Samsung Galaxy s4 which recently had to go in for repair with Vodafone and as we all know, they do a factory reset and updated the software to lollipop which is now running on 5.0.1. I had previously backed up everything inc the s planner to KIES and when my phone was returned I hooked it up but hadn't realised the software now used was Smart Switch.

Panicked but it thankfully located my backup and restoration of my data commenced. It managed to restore pretty much everything, if a little messy and out of order in terms of photo's but the one thing it hasn't restored is the s planner, nothing at all. I am absolutely gutted about this as I had numerous tasks set up but mainly for previous diary entries I had put it, things I had done on various days whilst on holiday with my family, little reminders like that as I used it as a diary in that sense, has all gone.

I have selected to restore the s planner on it's own and although on Smart Switch it shows as complete, when I check my s planner, still nothing. I have all calenders checked in the settings and I used to simply choose my calender as they backed up best via keys that way as the gmail entries do not.

Now the back up file is still there on my PC following the KIES backup and it is a file entitled SPlanner.ssc is there any way that I can get them back on? I have dragged and dropped this file from my pc into my phone's device storage but that doesn't achieve anything as the file cannot be opened, I have done the force stop and clear data, still nothing.

One thing that I had noted which I found odd was when I went into application manager and all, it displayed S Planner twice, one which had no data and the other had 13.66mb. I disabled the one with no data but it still hasn't achieved what I want, any guidance would be massively appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones