• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help reviving motorola triumph!

"USB device not recognized... the USb connected has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it" The phone shows up as USB Root Hub (4 ports) and under that there are 3 "unused ports" and only one "Unknown Device" When i click the unknown device it says the hardware is not connected to the device (code 45). The phone cannot go into download mode with polling text. i am using windows if that info is of any help. There are 7 bar codes total (one all the way on top of the battery area that reads FD1M1... and then under MOTOROLA there are 6)

Change USB cords. 9 out 10 times that's your problem when windows says the device is malfunctioning.

Reactions: Lolo_Chavez
Upvote 0
Also, sometimes a malfunctioning USB device needs to be deleted in windows, so that it will be reinstalled on next connection. Sorry I can't tell you how to do that on win 7, but I'm sure one of the guys can. Worked for me before.

This can be done in Device Manager. In any version of Windows XP, Vista, and 7. Just type in Device manager or right click and properties on "My Computer" or "Computer". Under "Universal Serial Bus controllers" category, delete the one that is malfunctioning. Then refresh or rescan "Scan for Hardware Changes". That's it. It'll reinstall.

Reactions: Lolo_Chavez
Upvote 0
at the moment i dont have access to a lap top or computer since my laptop stopped working a few days ago but i will have access to one on tuesday. I havent had any problems with my USB when using it until a few days ago but i will ask for a friends USB and will ask if they have a windows 7 computer since i only have access to windows XP computers. Thank you every one for helping me out, it means a lot. And i am starting to really feel part of the android phorum community :) i will try my best to follow the advice given word by word

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones