• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help rooting and now I am stuck!

itskelwayne

Lurker
Apr 21, 2013
Please I need you guys help. I was trying to root my HTC Inspire 4G with the AAHK, when I started the process everything went well on the first phase after I inserted the Key into the command prompt, mistakenly I touched the USB which disconnected my device from my computer. I tried running the AAHK again but my computer can

Please I need you guys help. I was trying to root my HTC Inspire 4G with the AAHK, when I started the process everything went well on the first phase after I inserted the Key into the command prompt, mistakenly I touched the USB which disconnected my device from my computer. I tried running the AAHK again but my computer can

Upvote 0
since your phone is still s on,we will need to know what build you were on in order to recomend the correct ruu.

if youre on the newest firmware,then you will need this one,wich is a .exe format:
Shipped ROMs

youll need to start the ruu program with the phone in fastboot mode(evidenced by fastboot usb in the bootloader screen)

another option is to install a zip file in hboot:
Shipped ROMs

that file can be renamed "PD98IMG" and placed on a FAT32 formatted(very important!) sd card.

hopefully that will get your phone up and runing.

once you are back to working order,id recomend NOT to use the AAHK. it is no longer supported,and the links the program needs are no longer valid.

attn1 has provided a new hack,wich i have detailed as much as possible here:
http://androidforums.com/desire-hd-...-s-off-simunlock-supercid-inspire-4g-dhd.html

just holler if you have further questions :)

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones