• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help need help running a flash on htc phone.

Andre kay

Lurker
Nov 16, 2013
hello anyone. i need help flashin my htc dinc 2. when i enter factory mode, it reads my sd card, and says these files are missing...

PG32DIAG.zip
PG32DIAG.nbh
PG32IMG.zip
PG32IMG.nbh

should i just download these files to my SD card and load, or there is a ritual i must perform? I tried factory reset and recovery, but it just hangs there. am sooo devastated. pls help! many thanks in advance!

PG32... files are typically searched for in bootloader IF you've made your sd card a goldcard.
There is no need to panic. You can use this as a flash method if you wish. Rename [any] rom .zip file to PG32IMG.zip and it will load it up. You can also elect to do nothing, and flash said zip in recovery [like normal] if you have the Diag files, people have used them as a means to s-off the device, but again... Nothing to panic over; its a standard check.
Sounds like [if you want to totally reset to stock] you need to download the appropriate ruu and flash [via a windows machine]. You can download those here:
http://www.androidruu.com/?developer=Vivo_VivoW
vivo_w=verizon droid incredible 2.
Good luck.

Rob

Reactions: Andre kay
Upvote 0
Hello Rob. I got the file from your suggested link and changed the name to PG32IMG.zip, placed it on the rooot of my SD card and allowed it to run, but it only recognised the .zip file, and did nothing. Do i need a PC to run it, or is there any other action i should perform before it returns to stock?I beg your pardon, i don't have loadsa knowledge of operatin android devices. I would so appreciate your help, thanks a lot!

Upvote 0
Hello Rob. I got the file from your suggested link and changed the name to PG32IMG.zip, placed it on the rooot of my SD card and allowed it to run, but it only recognised the .zip file, and did nothing. Do i need a PC to run it, or is there any other action i should perform before it returns to stock?I beg your pardon, i don't have loadsa knowledge of operatin android devices. I would so appreciate your help, thanks a lot!

The files in link are .exe... You only need setup adb & double-click. [If you wanna do extra work] To get a proper rom [from the exe], you still need to double-click it, then go into the process, find, and extract the rom.zip.. or this used to be the process. Newer ruus are also encypted; if that is the case, you'd have to unencypt then extract.
I'd suggest though to just keep it simple. Hook up your phone to a windows machine, make sure adb is installed [or d/l and install android sdk ref: http://developer.android.com], then double click the [appropriate] .exe [[vivo_w newest recommended]]. It's like flashing factory images/basically resets phone to stock.

Rob

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones