• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need Help Running Stacks

Warp3dM1nd

Lurker
Aug 25, 2017
Long story short was given this old lap top.

Specs Toshiba Intel Celeron processor CPU 900 2.20ghz 2 GB of Ram Win7

I cant run the latest version of stacks. It wont get past the loading engine part. Tried downloading a slightly older version and it got as far as initializing before it stopped. Its been initializing for 14 hrs now. Does any guru know which version i can actually get to run. Everytime I check the system its says its takin 100% of the cpu and ram and yet does nothing. I have a feeling win7 is the root nut maybe im wrong.
BTW I completely wiped the computer then installed the windows gave to me. I only got this laptop to run stacks and do a few small other things. If any gurus could help me out or at least point me in the right direction i would gretly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Long story short was given this old lap top.

Specs Toshiba Intel Celeron processor CPU 900 2.20ghz 2 GB of Ram Win7

I cant run the latest version of stacks. It wont get past the loading engine part. Tried downloading a slightly older version and it got as far as initializing before it stopped. Its been initializing for 14 hrs now. Does any guru know which version i can actually get to run. Everytime I check the system its says its takin 100% of the cpu and ram and yet does nothing. I have a feeling win7 is the root nut maybe im wrong.
BTW I completely wiped the computer then installed the windows gave to me. I only got this laptop to run stacks and do a few small other things. If any gurus could help me out or at least point me in the right direction i would gretly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

still need help guys seriously any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
bluestacks

Which runs under Windows, yes? I think the problem couid be your laptop's Celeron processor, I believe those don't support virtualization, specifically VT-x. Bluestacks is basically an Android virtual machine, and hardware virtualization support is required in the laptop's CPU to make it work.

There's not a lot can do about it, apart from changing to a computer that does support VT-x. It might be worth checking in the laptop's BIOS, just to check if settings for VT-x are there or not.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones