• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need Help save my battery life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey forum, ive been trying to improve my battery life but I'm not getting any stunning results. I'm running mikfroyo v4.62 with netarchy-toastmod-4.3.2-cfs-nosbc-havs-more. I havnt changed any settings on this kernel because I'm a noob at this, any tips on what frequency ranges I should have set and governer types? I've been using the internet for about an hour and my battery went from 100%-75% is this normal?

Hey forum, ive been trying to improve my battery life but I'm not getting any stunning results. I'm running mikfroyo v4.62 with netarchy-toastmod-4.3.2-cfs-nosbc-havs-more. I havnt changed any settings on this kernel because I'm a noob at this, any tips on what frequency ranges I should have set and governer types? I've been using the internet for about an hour and my battery went from 100%-75% is this normal?

A pretty common setup for SetCPU is governor set to (Smartass or Conservative), set min. 245, set max. 1152, with a screen off profile min. 245 max. 245.

There are also plenty of other things you can do to drastically improve battery life, like turning auto-syncing off on gmail, weather, news, etc., turn auto-brightness off, and turning data (3g) off whenever you're not browsing the web, sending MMS, or sending emails. While 3g is off, you can still make calls, receive them, and send/receive sms messages.

I've recently went 3 days, 10 hours, and 41 min. on one charge w/ 10% left on my battery. Check back in and let me know how it works out for you. And yes, if you're browsing the web for a good solid hour, your battery loss doesn't sound too unrealistic....Could be much better though ;).

Reactions: routerunner
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones